Reports on Money's Effect on the Political Process
Special interests give money hand over fist to legislators they think will carry their issue in Congress. In the next few pages, we've taken several issues that are important to average Americans and highlighted the campaign contributions given by certain interests and legislation that does, or in many cases, does not, get through Congress.
- Country Club Politics: How McCutcheon v. FEC Could Tee Up Elite Donors for More Influence
- Un-Shared Sacrifice: How ‘Fix the Debt’ Companies Buy Washington Influence & Rig the Game
- Influence 101: How Big Money Lobbyists And Campaign Donors Hurt Students
- Indebted: How Payday Lenders Buy Political Influence In Missouri And Hurt Everyday People
- For Hire: Lobbyists or the 99%?
- Fool Me Twice? Corporations Pay Congress to Rip Off Taxpayers Again
- Wall Street and the Supercommittee: The $41 Million Question
- Unholy Alliance: How the Private Prison Industry is Corrupting Our Democracy
- The Artful Dodgers